Do you struggle with anxiety or overwhelming stress? If your answer is yes, you’re definitely not alone. The Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) reports that anxiety disorders affect 40 million adults in the United States. So, is there anything you can do to help relieve your anxiety? Of course! Check out this list of popular coping mechanisms and try out any of the ones that appeal to you:
1) Get a dog or volunteer at a shelter
2) Drink tea instead of pop
3) Try out essential oils (Especially lavender)
4) Write stories, poems, songs, etc.
5) Read a book
6) Clean your house
8) Light candles and put on meditation music
9) Complete a puzzle
11) Knit, sew, crochet, etc.
12) Play with Play-Doh
13) Take a dance class
14) Invest in self-care (New makeup, outfit, dye job, etc.)
15) Get lost in a new world – watch a movie or play a video game